Insulin or no insulin?

Starr123

I recently got diagnosed with t1d about a month ago and I have some questions. But first, if my blood sugar reading is at 86mg/dl and there are little to no carbs in the food I want to eat. Can I skip the insulin to avoid typo cause I do this sometimes. And then when I check again like after 3 hours, my blood sugar is usually at like 150-160mg/dl

Reactions: Dazphoenix28

Dazphoenix28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to skip meals and not take rapid insulin and wondered why my bloods were going up without eating. My diabetes nurse told me you need to take your insulin and long actinf insulin and keep to a routine.

Try eat something with some carbs and take your fast acting insulin 15 minutes before eating and test after 4 hours. Ever since I stopped skipping meals my bloods are stable and rarely go above 10.0.

Honestly wish you goodluck with your management. Also someone said your liver can store glucose and sometimes release it even if you don't eat, mainly when you wake up to help kick start your body.

I'm not 100% sure if i'm right but since I've stopped skipping meals and take my insulin my bloods are normal.