Insulin Overdose - no such thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn84

Hi,

Last night I wanted to end it all. After 26 years on this earth, working in a dead end job, no qualifications and never had a girlfriend, I thought "whats the point"? I live with 1 half of my parents when in actual fact, I dont get on with any members of my family. Infact working as a dustbin collector I dont even have any good friends. So please none of this "dont kill yourself", "suicide is for cowards" c*ap replies. My life is not worth living.

I take 30 units of Humulin M3 twice daily. Last night, I took 720 units to end it all. But other than sweat heavily (the signs of a hypo, although I never actually went into one) and struggle to sleep, it didnt do more than make me feel ill.

This morning my legs feel heavy, which I guess is understandable with the insulin theyve had pumped into them. I've had 2 breakfasts and 1 lunch without taking my insulin. I feel theres enough inside already. My questions are - 1) Is it possible to commit suicide from insulin overdose (seemingly not in my opinion) and 2) If I choose to live should I take my insulin this evening, given the amount in me already?

Glenn

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Glenn.
In all honesty nobody on this Forum is medically qualified to give you advice and certainly shouldn't be answering your first question.

I suggest that you contact firstly: NHS Direct. 0845 4647

Secondly, if you still feel the same way then please contact The Samaritan's. 08457 90 90 90
They may be able to help you on a one to one basis. You need to talk to someone.
You can e-mail them as well....... [email protected]

Ken

Alanem

Dislikes
Fish except from the chippy
This thread should now be closed...only I don't know how to do it.

Alan

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
We agree Alanem.........consider it done.

cugila
Forum Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.