Insulin overdose :/

Sarahfergo

Hi all, right I'm not sure if its down to this but here goes, I've just started taking gabapentin for neuropathy and I've had horrible head aches couldn't sleep last night and not feeling great! Today my kitten chewed my pump cannula so I changed it and primed it and plugged it back to me but while priming! My priming goes up to 25 units and I only realized I did this when my pump beeped saying it is stopped which normally I would stop the prime when insulin has come through the tube and start pump again. I **** my self thinking what am I going to do!!! So I unplugged as I weren't sure how much of the prime went in. I think that tablets I'm on are making me go weird like forgetful! Anyway I checked my bloods and it was 7.5 I put my tea in oven and drank a bottle of lucozade while doing this, I tested again and I was 2.1 arghhh lucky my brother turned up he helped me after that. My blood is 18.5 now Andy this all happened around 6-7 I've had a correction but will all the insulin that went on would have counteracted with my tea???

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Sarah

Your insulin 'overdose' should have finished almost all of it's action by now (if it happened around 6-7pm), so it really depends what you had for tea and when you took the correction. There's also the possibility that your neuropathy could affect stomach emptying but if it did, you probably would know about that already. Probably best to do frequent testing for the next few hours just in case to get an idea of where things are heading. I'm on MDI so can't really advise about pump.