Insulin pens

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
My current insulin is novorapid which leaves me with a spike 3 hours after jab and so having heard that Apidra is quicker and so less likely to spike I would like to try it when it comes back into production again
I was a tester for pens when first on insulin and so saw that solostar the pen for apidra is rubbish ,the insulin pouring out after jab so leaving you not knowing how much is in you and how many units just wasted,so my question is what pen works with apidra apart from solostar :?: :?:

avdyke

Dislikes
Carbohydrates :-(
Hopefully, when Apidra production restarts, you will once again be able to get the pre-filled pens.

These inject much better than either of the Solostar or Soloclick pens with removable syringes.

Andrew

nataliegage

I've twice had trouble with malfunctioning Novorapid pens. On changing to new pen, sugar spiked and impossible to get down until I replaced the pen with one from another batch. Maybe this is similar to the problem you've had? Luckily or should I say unluckily, I am still alive after having been diagnosed in December 1952 i.e. 60 years ago. Being experienced I have very understanding Doctors and can still drive, have all my limbs and only use glasses for reading and driving, so live a full land active life for my age.

I just wonder how many diabetics this malfunction may have killed? Maybe this is something the BMA should be investigating. They would not have been lucky enough to tell their stories. Do you think this would be of Press interest. I am so incensed with what happened to me since Thursday and how changing the pen batch has solved the problem, proof that the previous pen was malfunctioning. What other evidence do I need? I know you will appreciate my concerns, not just for me, but for all our other fellow Type 1 diabetics.

GNatalieood luck with your control and finding an insulin pen that suits you.

Natalie