Insulin pump - Disneyland Paris

ExtremelyW0rried

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi
Has anyone been recently with a pump? I’m not sure what the security procedure into the park now is, definitely x ray bags and have metal detectors. Do they have body scanners too?
Feeling a bit stressed that it’s going to be like going through the airport every day, possibly multiple times a day.

Thanks.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I went to Disneyland Paris a couple of decades ago, but I am not on a pump.

here's a link from Tripadviser that may help, but hopefully someone will be along who has a pump.

ps, Space Mountain for me. was horrible, I felt and looked ill when I got off, extremely juddery and fast.:wideyed::arghh:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We were there last year. I don’t remember much about security. We had a great time there. Hope you do too.

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there... Went to Disney land Paris 2 years ago and going again this May. When we were there there was security with xray machines for bags and walk through metal detectors/ scanners but when I lifted my shirt to show my pump they were happy and guided me with my bag around them without issue. In fact only one security guy asked to look in my bag on the first day... Never asked me again so no issues at all... Relax and have a great time

Heyrehair

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
We took our letter showing the pump as a medical device so our three year old could bypass the scanners. Might be worth getting it in French next time though

Ebs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi

We went 3 years ago, I had a pump and they were amazing. I showed them my letter from the hospital and they would just scan my bag and let me go through without scanning. My doctor at home told me that they are better with pumps in France because more people have them, he wasn't wrong. The security our end at the Eurotunnel were a bit rude but once we got to France it was so easy and normal to everyone.
We had an amazing time!
Hope you do!