Type 1 Insulin Pump

Mimikins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, so I'm wanting to wear dresses and such with the weather being nice; but what would I do with my insulin pump? I've been told to try putting it in my bra but I worry its not exactly safe there. Is there anything I could look for to maybe keep it in place?
Any advice/suggestions would be a great help thanks :)

Reactions: 2 people

Geordie lass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi mimikins, I wear my pump in my bra and have done since being on the pump. You cannot tell it's there and it's very safe. I actually put it inside a baby sock then stick it in my bra. I've never worn it anywhere else, apart from sleeping when I clip it onto my PJ's! I wear dresses and tight tops and no one knows it's there. Even I forget sometimes! :D

iHs

I do exactly the same too. Never looked back. The best bras are probably slighted padded underwired with a decent elastic sides to back. The lycra stretchy Genie type ones are great for boobs, pumps, purses, mobile phones. Very comfortable

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use underwired bras and clip the pump between boobs. If you wear a dress that's a bit low, use a plunge bra or the tubing can show.

Mimikins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for all of your messages its really helped :) where did you get the clip for the insulin pump?

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for all of your messages its really helped :) where did you get the clip for the insulin pump?

I use a Medtronic Veo which comes with a clip. I'm sorry, I know very little about other pumps.

D

Deleted member 83869

Hi, so I'm wanting to wear dresses and such with the weather being nice; but what would I do with my insulin pump? I've been told to try putting it in my bra but I worry its not exactly safe there. Is there anything I could look for to maybe keep it in place?
What pump do you have? because I have a pouch that clips onto the side of my bra!! :)

Jeannie3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I've just gone on to pump and I find that I can put it into my bra but I think it will probably get warm in there!!! Defo is a problem and if I put it on trousers the cord can attach to things and it can get yanked off!!

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I've just gone on to pump and I find that I can put it into my bra but I think it will probably get warm in there!!! Defo is a problem and if I put it on trousers the cord can attach to things and it can get yanked off!!
Body temperature is fine for the pump, so keeping it in your bra is OK.