Insulin Resistance clinic at Addenbrookes

M

Member496333

Leptin is a satiety hormone. Not sure why you'd want to block that. Are we perhaps getting it confused with ghrelin? Also, I thought lipodystrophy is a relative inability to get fat? Sorry, not trying to be "that guy" or anything. I'm just a little concerned that I'm losing the plot or catastrophically misreading :wacky:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I hv no experience of attending an IR clinic (anywhere) but my diabesity clinic has assisted my huge IR with the opportunity of bariatric surgery in Sunderland. Its working very very well. So far.
IR combat courses should be available on-line via the NHS but it isn't, yet. It's mentioned and states advice which is mainly, lose weight.
I feel for me that had to come otherwise I faced a painful death. I was over 22st at one point. I'm now 15½ with far far better IR but not cured as I still hv loads of mid core body fat. My liver improved but is having a silly moment.
The liver is the catalyst of IR. Fix the bad performing liver and a better aid than assisting leptin resistance etc.

Emmasndco

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, as I feared, I don’t meet the referral criteria as my BMI is over 30. :arghh: Gutted

M

Member496333

So, as I feared, I don’t meet the referral criteria as my BMI is over 30. :arghh: Gutted

To be honest, if you need to be under a certain BMI in order to qualify for attendance at an insulin resistance clinic, then it was probably never worth going in the first place.

Emmasndco

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To be honest, if you need to be under a certain BMI in order to qualify for attendance at an insulin resistance clinic, then it was probably never worth going in the first place.
I haven’t actually been, I would have thought the referring consultant would have realised before writing to them! I got my hopes up, but they wrote to say they wouldn’t accept the referral.