insulin resistance

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
anyone here type 1 and also suffering from insulin resistance for the past couple years iv noticed iv become more insulin resistant overtime and my sugar levels are getting on higher side harder to control been speaking to DSN but they are not much help also wanted to ask would resistance training exercise help lower insulin resistance and increase insulin sensitivty to help improve my sugar control?.

Reactions: Australia 1
A

Australia 1

anyone here type 1 and also suffering from insulin resistance for the past couple years iv noticed iv become more insulin resistant overtime and my sugar levels are getting on higher side harder to control been speaking to DSN but they are not much help also wanted to ask would resistance training exercise help lower insulin resistance and increase insulin sensitivty to help improve my sugar control?.

Yes, I think I am somewhat like you with insulin Resistance. I was told for 20 years, Sam your Sugar is a bit high. When I had Chemotherapy My Sugar was 15.0 mmol to 21.4 mmol. I was put on a super low carb diet, Metformin and Novorapid 18 units working backwards. I was in the Hospital for two weeks for Cancer Chemotherapy and Type 2 Diabetic condition. I beat the Cancer but 2 months ago my Endocrinologist told me my Pancreas was slowing down. My GP told me to use Lantus for Bolus night time Insulin. My GP must have hit Himself on the Head!!! Lantus for the profile Insulin. My Oncologist told me since I was a former Paramedic that Sam, you know better. So the Hospital supplies the Novorapid and I checked my Blood every hour for two weeks. Now a Type 1 My Mmol is 5.5 in the morning and the last 8 HbA1c checks have averaged out to 6.4%. But stress really does me in and any illness. So if I take more than 12 Units of Novorapid x3 a day and 8 Units of Lantus at night I worry about insulin resistance. My Endocrinologist worries about Hypos all of the time. I just Test an awful lot and watch. I am going to Control this issue!!!!