Insulin Resistance

insulin?

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Are there any tests for insulin resistance please, so that I can see if my extreme low carb diet is working?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello and welcome to the forum. May I ask how long you have been low Carbing? And how low carb, in terms of grams do you try to stick to?

insulin?

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hello and welcome to the forum. May I ask how long you have been low Carbing? And how low carb, in terms of grams do you try to stick to?
Not supposed to have more than 80g a day.was a vegetarian but have fish now as diet restrictive but no meat.Low carb since oct when diagnosed. Lost a stone nd a half but weight loss stalled.

Reactions: Guzzler

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Since October 2017 and about 80g / day. Weight loss has stalled.

A figure of 80g per day is definitely low carb but it is not extremely low carb. There are a couple of things you could try (depending very much on what meds you take, if any). You could lower your carb intake to say 60g for a couple of weeks to see if that kick starts your weight loss or you could have a go at Intermittent Fasting.
IF is basically extending your overnight fast by a few hours but full details can be seen in the Fasting section of the forum. Good Luck.

Reactions: CranberryIce