Insulin resistance

briony1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How does everyone deal with insulin resistance. Honestly my ratio is about 4:1 at the moment when usually 1:1!! :(

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@briony1 is this a recent change to your crab ratio or something that has been building slowly.
If it is a recent, short term thing, I would be looking at causes such as whether your insulin is working correctly. I would change my insulin and pen.
It may be time to do a basal test because our needs do change.
Is the high insulin having any other impact on your life? If not and it is what you need, then there is no need to stress - we are all different with different lifestyles, needs, etc..

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So unless you are pregnant or a teenager or ill, I'd monitor and see if it continues.
It would be strange to go quadruple suddenly i.e. I'd expect things to have crept up on you and to have noticed other things such a higher bp or waist measurement perhaps? Not sure if you are female but I am expecting menopausal changes to have a similar effect which is why I am going to double down o the low carb approach plus my weight training.
I hope you get to the bottom of it what might be going on as I think it is important to try and not have more and more insulin in the body although you do need to keep your blood glucose levels in a good range.