Type 2 Insulin Side Effects?

nicki257

Hi I started on Humulin I insulin last week. I am upping the dose by 2 every fourth day. During this time I have had a dry tickly cough, felt sick, headache and just feel generally unwell.
Is it normal to feel like this? Is it my body adjusting ? Thanks

D

Deleted Account

I am not familiar with Humulin.
However, all medication comes with a sheet of paper describing possible side effects. Check it out.

I must admit whenever I experience some illness, pain, twinge, sniffs, coughs, ... my natural instinct is to blame diabetes.
Then I remember, diabetes does not protect us from all the usual illness, pains, twinges, sniffs, coughs, ... that everyone gets.
It is possible your cough has nothing to do with the insulin or the diabetes.

nicki257

I am not familiar with Humulin.
However, all medication comes with a sheet of paper describing possible side effects. Check it out.

I must admit whenever I experience some illness, pain, twinge, sniffs, coughs, ... my natural instinct is to blame diabetes.
Then I remember, diabetes does not protect us from all the usual illness, pains, twinges, sniffs, coughs, ... that everyone gets.
It is possible your cough has nothing to do with the insulin or the diabetes.

I always check the medication sheet but only hypos were listed, hence me asking on here. I would normally think oh it’s just a virus but strange coincidence all these things have also started in the time I’ve started insulin.

Reactions: Kim Possible