Insulin sights blocking

noidea21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello everyone, Hoping everyone is coping as best they can.
I am just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction! I am on insulin base /i use once daily and other each time i eat , i have spoken with nurse as we still are not able to be seen but every sight/site i used in stomach and legs have kind of blocked i get a big white lump most times i inject in ever place i try , I feel my insulin is not absorbing as my bloods hardly ever go down below 11, i have increased my insulin as i was told and still struggling , the nurse on the phone said its ok its just rejecting so start using under top of arms which i can not bring myself to do and i feel so desperate now i don't want to use my insulin but know i have to i just feel like i am fighting losing battle with injections and desperately want to find out if there are insulin tablets! It is very difficult as there is no one to talk to my last consultants appointment was over 12 month ago as i was due to go back when all went on lockdown last year ! Really sorry i just feel it is hard to get advice and it is making me feel very depressed ,
Thank you for reading .

kvetiny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The white lumps form when the needle hasn't gone deep enough into the skin and the insulin collects inside them so u don't utilise the insulin and sugars rise. U may have to change ur needle as there is different sizes.

kvetiny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know how difficult it is to get to talk to a consultant or diabetes nurse. When I do get to talk to them they have little time for me. U are just left to deal with Diabetes by yourself. That's wher this site steps in. It's a life line for me. Friendly people to discuss problems and some good advice. Nice to know you aren't alone.

Reactions: noidea21

noidea21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I know how difficult it is to get to talk to a consultant or diabetes nurse. When I do get to talk to them they have little time for me. U are just left to deal with Diabetes by yourself. That's wher this site steps in. It's a life line for me. Friendly people to discuss problems and some good advice. Nice to know you aren't alone.
Thank you so much for the reply ! i know we have to plod on it just feels so lonely and i appreciate your reply !I will try and contact the nurse again i am dreading using a larger needle and that is something that has never been mentioned by the nurses or consultant . Thanks again for reply .