Insulin

S.M.C

I am changing insulin tomorrow, taking novo rapid with food and levimir at night , what time is best to take levimir at .

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am changing insulin tomorrow, taking novo rapid with food and levimir at night , what time is best to take levimir at .

Hi,

From memory your previous insulin regime was Novomix 30?

Did your consultant not give you any instruction regarding the transition & dosing time for your basal? (Levemir.)

Reactions: EllieM

S.M.C

Hi,

From memory your previous insulin regime was Novomix 30?

Did your consultant not give you any instruction regarding the transition & dosing time for your basal? (Levemir.)
Was told take levimir at same time every night . Im sure i was told before bed . Does that sound right?

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Was told take levimir at same time every night . Im sure i was told before bed . Does that sound right?

That's what I was told & did

My partner was moved to having it in the morning as she suffered night time lows

But typically long acting is before bed it's normally easier to remember then as part of the bed time ritual along with a blood test

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Sounds right to me. My basal is done before bed, but roughly at the same "witching hour" though i may retire later..

My concern is you may have your novomix still on board as you start your new regime.?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So if you were instructed to take it at night you can take it before bed or at any other time at night which is convenient for you.
The main thing is to take it at about the same time every day, so if the easiest time for you to remember is not before bed but for instance when walking the dog, that would be fine as well.

S.M.C

Sounds right to me. My basal is done before bed, but roughly at the same "witching hour" though i may retire later..

My concern is you may have your novomix still on board as you start your new regime.?
I have finished the novo mix tonight at dinner, and told start rapid and levimir as of tomorrow