Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Fascinating hour long chat on protein. Not Diabetes specific but does discuss from the 20 mins mark.
Covering: RDA, ketosis, IF, muscle loss, renal failure, age, menopause and after, animal v vegetable protein and much more. Enjoy.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
And of course too little protein in your diet can lead to Hypoalbuminemia which is not good.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you! I am currently cutting out some carbs and replacing with protein, firstly to feel fuller and secondly because my doctor recommended having more calcium (I'm adding in some high protein yoghurt), so I have been curious about this stuff. Very interesting show!

Reactions: Guzzler

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good timing:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44195457
Also, while eggs are "a great source of protein", Dr Phillips cautions that typically we already have plenty of protein in our diets and too much (two or three times the recommended daily amount) "can put a strain on kidneys".

Bah humbug. Eat the chicken and the egg. With a side of veg. I also liked the way they covered body builders, kidney failure and a spurious correlation with protein. Because all body builders were natural. Also liked the gelatin diet comment. Hadn't heard that one before :)

As for eggs, I remember from when I was training just how many eggs the heavyweights would get through to get protein from the egg whites.