1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Interested in Protein?

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Guzzler, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Fascinating hour long chat on protein. Not Diabetes specific but does discuss from the 20 mins mark.
    Covering: RDA, ketosis, IF, muscle loss, renal failure, age, menopause and after, animal v vegetable protein and much more. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Expert

And of course too little protein in your diet can lead to Hypoalbuminemia which is not good.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. phdiabetic

phdiabetic Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thank you! I am currently cutting out some carbs and replacing with protein, firstly to feel fuller and secondly because my doctor recommended having more calcium (I'm adding in some high protein yoghurt), so I have been curious about this stuff. Very interesting show!

• Like Like x 1
  4. first14808

first14808 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good timing:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44195457
    Bah humbug. Eat the chicken and the egg. With a side of veg. I also liked the way they covered body builders, kidney failure and a spurious correlation with protein. Because all body builders were natural. Also liked the gelatin diet comment. Hadn't heard that one before :)

As for eggs, I remember from when I was training just how many eggs the heavyweights would get through to get protein from the egg whites.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook