1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Interesting device for needle phobics

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by DunePlodder, Nov 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DunePlodder

DunePlodder Type 1 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  2. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Expert

Probably worth trying anyway, not too dear at £14.95.

3. knipster

knipster Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing! Perfect for school project plus ive ordered one for myself!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Binary

Binary Parent · Well-Known Member

It will be interested in hearing how people gets on with this. My son is on a pump so it is rare that we inject but because it is rare we probably aren't as good at it as we could be.

• Like Like x 1
  5. knipster

knipster Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I have tried this, after seeing your post, and I'm not sure about it. It does help to gather and stabilise, however, I'm not a needle phobic and I actually really need to see that the needle is definitely going to deliver the insulin that I need- and the tickle flex meant that I couldn't. In fact, on the occasion that I trusted it (i did a small dose), it actually made a small lump under my skin, so definitely not ideal. I will have to try to work it out more but so far, not so happy. For only £14 I'm not angry but it was disappointing after thinking it could actually be quite helpful to reach more locations as you only need one hand.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gabrielle_Tai

Gabrielle_Tai Type 1 · Well-Known Member

This may be what i need, since i so scare of needle i still cry sometimes. I know i am not a children but needle still scare the hell out of me:(

• Hug Hug x 1
  7. mitty6678

mitty6678 Type 1 · Active Member

You can on the NHS ask for hospital needles on prescription that work by using touch/sound, You can't see the needle until you push it in and hear a click / feel it. Works wonders for me who is terrified of needles! (BD auto shield duo needles)

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook