Interesting Maths

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
I've been pumping for two years and seven months now - (940 days) wow.

Being a night owl and my mind working overtime I've figured out that this equates to roughly..

Cannula changes - 473
Tubing changes - 315
Insulin units used - 70,800
Basal insulin - 28,717
Bolus insulin - 40,083
Insulin units primed - 5,547
Cartridge changes - 236
Battery changes - 4

This doesn't include when you catch your tubing on a kitchen cupboard, ripping the cannula out just after a change.
Forgetting you ate pizza, wondering why your BG is sky high, panicking and changing your cannula, set and cartridge just in case something has failed.
This doesn't include the insulin wasted when you pull your cartridge down too low because your too busy concentrating on bubbles.
This doesn't include the time you went to Alton Towers, thought best to leave your pump at home in the drawer, bravely and naively thinking you can switch back to pens for one day and expect it to run smoothly.
Nor does this include the time you went to work and only realised at break time you left your new best friend at home, on the bathroom sink where you left it after a morning shower.

I've come to the conclusion my pump is like a third sibling, drives me crazy but boy would I be lost without it!

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Only 4 battery changes - wow that's good :eh:

pumppimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
leaving pumpy in the bathroom, done that many a time :oops: My husband now asks me every time we leave the house in the morning just to save return journeys to and from work where I'm too high to drive myself and he has to! :oops: I do it very rarely now!!