1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Interesting Maths

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by ebony321, Sep 26, 2013.

1. ebony321

ebony321 · Well-Known Member

I've been pumping for two years and seven months now - (940 days) wow.

Being a night owl and my mind working overtime I've figured out that this equates to roughly..

Cannula changes - 473
    Tubing changes - 315
    Insulin units used - 70,800
    Basal insulin - 28,717
    Bolus insulin - 40,083
    Insulin units primed - 5,547
    Cartridge changes - 236
    Battery changes - 4

This doesn't include when you catch your tubing on a kitchen cupboard, ripping the cannula out just after a change.
    Forgetting you ate pizza, wondering why your BG is sky high, panicking and changing your cannula, set and cartridge just in case something has failed.
    This doesn't include the insulin wasted when you pull your cartridge down too low because your too busy concentrating on bubbles.
    This doesn't include the time you went to Alton Towers, thought best to leave your pump at home in the drawer, bravely and naively thinking you can switch back to pens for one day and expect it to run smoothly.
    Nor does this include the time you went to work and only realised at break time you left your new best friend at home, on the bathroom sink where you left it after a morning shower.

I've come to the conclusion my pump is like a third sibling, drives me crazy but boy would I be lost without it!

2. Riri

Riri Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Only 4 battery changes - wow that's good :eh:

3. pumppimp

pumppimp Type 1 · Well-Known Member

leaving pumpy in the bathroom, done that many a time :oops: My husband now asks me every time we leave the house in the morning just to save return journeys to and from work where I'm too high to drive myself and he has to! :oops: I do it very rarely now!!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook