Intermittent Fasting T1 high sugars no food

Type1guy

34 year old male trying intermittent fasting with type 1 l. Have been T1 for 21 years. I have experience with intermittent fasting in the past, but gained 30 lb over the last year with terrible Diet, alcohol etc. So now trying to lose some fat, get back in the gym and I'll put on muscle. I'd say I'm about 30 pounds overweight all on mostly my stomach and some on butt.

My problem I'm having right now is my sugars are constantly running High even with no food and just basil insulin. 158 lbs taking 14 units of tresiba daily. 7 units when I wake up 7 before bed.

I'm waking up 222-280 mostly all the time. And for example today woke up to let my cat outside in the middle of the night, check sugar it was 256 dosed 5 units of Humalog woke up about 5 hours later blood sugar was 180 took my morning triseba went to the gym fasted and did cardio for only like 30 min. Felt off and high checked my sugar and it was 275. My last meal wast about 13 hours prior to this check.

My sugars are rising even without food and I am not sure what is driving it. I'd like to put my finger on it and would love some insights with anyone with experience with this.

Thank you

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,
Have you looked into doing a basal test to check if your background insulin is okay? Unfortunately I’ve not heard anyone splitting their Tresiba, it’s just one injection. Have you looked into dawn phenomenon? It’s where your liver releases stored glucose to get you started for the day.

Type1guy

Hello,
Have you looked into doing a basal test to check if your background insulin is okay? Unfortunately I’ve not heard anyone splitting their Tresiba, it’s just one injection. Have you looked into dawn phenomenon? It’s where your liver releases stored glucose to get you started for the day.
Yes I'm familiar with dawn phenomenon, but the example I gave was like 1 pm in the afternoon after being up for hours and correcting and including covering my dawn phenom.

Yeah I have heard of people splitting triseba and for me triseba just seems to work better when I split it.

I guess I need to check my basil test any other simple methods u have for doing so?

Thanks for the reply

Type1guy

Yeah ill have to look over it again

A question, say if I eat my kast meal 10-11pm ans do a bolus dose for that then take my nightly triseba basal 2 hours later, go to bed at 2am, wake up like 10-11am skip breakfast but what about dawn phenomenon? Wouldn't that skew the bs results?