Introducing myself in Dudley DY9

Slalom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am Type 2, and was diagnosed in 2011, My first question was diet. How do I cycle a loop C2C with a view to diet and strenuous exercise. I think the answers are why I am motivated to help people with Type 2.

I have HBA1C checked every 6 months and Cholesterol once a year. My HBA1C peaked in 2013 at 55 and then droped into the 47-50 range.
My HBA1C 17th Nov was 50, My total Cholesterol 22nd May was 3.9.
My BMI is now around 21 but has been as high as 23, I am not considering a Low Carbohydrate Diet

At my recent review the GP who I trust, Asked me to try to get the HBA1C down a little and said on top of the exercise so resume Metformin. But to focus on Cholesterol, 3.9% being not too high but the LDL was too close to double the less than 1% target. So back on daily Simvastatin.

As I am researching some Cholesterol lowering diet changes, he suggested February for a test. Also a base line PSA to give a basis for any necessary test later on.

Drugs:

Asprin 75mg one daily
Simvastain 40mg one Daily
Metformin 500mg twice Daily

I have only been taking Metformin if I felt the exercise I had done was inadequate, but back to regular.
I have only been taking Simvastain if I had not remembered to do my experiment, but back to regular.

I Don’t know what effect these will have, but I am happy to see if the LDL and HBA1C will get better.

Exercise, Work gave me a fit bit a few years ago and I rarely fail to do 70,000 steps a week.

In 2015 on organised cycle rides or hikes or planning them I did 1890 miles cycling and 575 miles hiking. In 2016 I have already exceeded those figures

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/How_we_help/Talk-to-someone/Type-2-Together/Dudley/

I am a Type 2 Together Peer Support Facilitator, but Type 2 Together is no longer funded and my Group is dormant, as it is an evening group, winter is a difficult time to restart/resume. Also...

We are now PSF for Diabetes UK.

With Type 2 being a potential time bomb for the population, Health Service, Treasury and the Government, and with Dudley having enough suffers to fill a large football ground, this situation is puzzling?

Feel free to contact me if you want to know more about these groups.

Rod