olusennuga

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Hi,

My name is Alexander Sennuga. You can just call me Alex.

I live in the UK.

I had an encounter with Type 2 Diabetes in January 2015, in fact by the time I was rushed to the hospital, my blood sugar was already 43 mmol/l!.

With emergency attention at the hospital receiving insulin injection and hourly monitoring, I left the hospital 3 days after at the blood glucose level of less than 15 mmol/l. I was to continue with insulin injection prescription and monitoring thrice daily.

I chose not to rely on medication alone but to educate myself on diabetes type 2. I read a lot about it.

Adjusting my dietary habits and lifestyles, I was able to reduce the insulin dosage gradually with regular contact with the medical personnel.

In short, by February 24th, I stopped insulin and attentively focused on my virtually no sugary food and drinks.

Up until this moment, my blood sugar remains 5.3 mmol/l on the average.

This success prompted me to pick diabetes education as my hobby and to share my experience with the world.

I also decided to have a blog and join some diabetes-related forums where I can share ideas and learn as well.

Alexander Sennuga

Reactions: Guzzler

magicmoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

My name is Alexander Sennuga. You can just call me Alex.

I live in the UK.

I had an encounter with Type 2 Diabetes in January 2015, in fact by the time I was rushed to the hospital, my blood sugar was already 43 mmol/l!.

With emergency attention at the hospital receiving insulin injection and hourly monitoring, I left the hospital 3 days after at the blood glucose level of less than 15 mmol/l. I was to continue with insulin injection prescription and monitoring thrice daily.

I chose not to rely on medication alone but to educate myself on diabetes type 2. I read a lot about it.

Adjusting my dietary habits and lifestyles, I was able to reduce the insulin dosage gradually with regular contact with the medical personnel.

In short, by February 24th, I stopped insulin and attentively focused on my virtually no sugary food and drinks.

Up until this moment, my blood sugar remains 5.3 mmol/l on the average.

This success prompted me to pick diabetes education as my hobby and to share my experience with the world.

I also decided to have a blog and join some diabetes-related forums where I can share ideas and learn as well.

Alexander Sennuga
Welcome! I'm fairly new myself to the forum.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello and welcome to the forum. Well done on your progress, what a stunning turn around.