Introduction

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello I am new to all this, so just saying hello. My name is Charlotte and have been a diabetic from the ages of two and I am 22 so i know alot about it and how hard it can be. I haven't really known anyone with diabetes and growing up with it was hard so it would be nice to speak with people with diabetes :D

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Charlotte and welcome to the forum :) Keep posting and you will meet a lot of people here to exchange experiences with you. I have been a type 2 for 3 years and live in Switzerland.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello thank you for the welcomes :) I live in Derby, I will keep posting as it will be nice to chat with people on here.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi Charlotte and welcome from a fellow type 1 :)

SandrafromOZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
DIABETES, All forms of cancer, Jealousy, arrogance
Hi Charlotte and welcome from Australia!

My hubby has an uncle in the UK that used to live in Chellaston, Derby. Is that anywhere near you? He now lives in Ashbourne.

Warm regards

Sandra

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello yes that isn't too far from me no. I live just outside of Derby town. Thank you for getting intouch :D

Amal

Hi Charlotte, I know exactly how you feel, I don't know anyone else who is a diabetic, which is why I just joined this forum like 15 minutes ago. I was diagnosed nearly 4 years ago now with type 1 diabetes at the age of 16. I don't really have anyone who can fully understand what I go through, I could always talk to those who haven't got it, but it isn't the same as talking to those who are diabetic. However, I've always stayed positive about it as I'm thankful to God that He hasn't given me something like cancer, at least with diabetes we're able to live a normal, healthy life with medication and careful control.

With love from Nottingham, anyone from Nottingham???

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I totally understand what you are saying and that is a good way of thinking more postively about life with diabetes. I used to live in Nottingham lived in Carlton.

klynch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I'm Kevin, I'm new to the forum. Diagnosed since 1999. Type 2 diabetic using insulin.

One small problem - I've registered as female. I'm actually male how can I change that

Kevin

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Kevin and welcome to the forum :)
Go to the User Control Panel, click on Profile, then in there you can make the appropriate correction.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello nice to meet you. I am sorry but i really don't know how you chance that. I have had a look myself but can't seem to find how you do it. sorry.

Lucybelle

Hi Charlotte. I too am new to the forum but have been looking in and reading and learning lots over the past few months . On insulin pump. Not sure if I like ir or not. Readings are not great. Last hba1c was 11. Had a TIA back in October . Should have been enough to frighten me. Sorry for the rant! Look forward to talking Charlotte and hi to all the names I see often on the posts. The advice and information and support you give is fantastic.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello sorry to hear that. Hope things get better for you, I am sure they will just have to change how you control it. Its not easy having diabetes and I think has you get older it gets harder has I am finding out myself at this point in life. I have heard about the insulin pump. What is it like? And how does it work?

Lucybelle

Hi again. It looks like you dont sleep much either!! I have been type 1 for the past 14 years and I still don't think I accept the fact that I have diabetes . I think a lor depends on the mood I'm in. Sometimes I'm great other times I eat all round me. I am my own worst enemy really. The pump is very handy. It is attached to you all the time which is a bummer. Basal rate are worked out in the clinic so you have a certain amount of insulin going in all the time . Just like your pancreas. Then you give or bolus insulin for your carb intake only. Pump must be changed every 2/3 days. I'm off the pump at the moment as it crashed at the weekend and I'm waiting for a replacement. I am really enjoying the freedom but readings are a disaster. Hope I'm not boring you!! This is a very quick introduction to pumping. There is a very good section on pumpers on the forum site that might explain it better!! By the way I'm in Dublin. Delighted to meet you Charlotte!!