Invitation to trial Dapagliflozin

Hpetal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold weather!
Today in my post I received an invitation via my surgery to take part in a research trial for this drug. It is to "evaluate the use of dapagliflozin to improve heart muscle in patients with diabetes" This study is being done at Ninewells Hospital in Dundee about 15 miles from where i live.
So here I am seeking opinions on whether I should do it.
Firstly I would have an ultra sound of my heart to see if I actually qualify, So assuming I do I am now thinking should I when reading others here saying about the going to the loo all night and the higher risk of thrush and UTIs. Glucophage sr and glicaclazide, I follow a low carb eating plan and have always struggled with my weight. I also take blood pressure lowering medication. My head is in a spin as to whether I can cope with the stinging pee and the itchy thrush coz I can bet I would be one who gets those side effects. So Is this drug really that good if one can tolerate it? I would give anything a go to improve my bg levels and help others by taking part in research so do I or don't I?????? that is the question.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Personly I think it is very possible that Dapagliforin will prove to be a better option then gliclazide (or insilin) apart from the side effects you have listed. Dapagliforin its own does not seem to create a risk of Hypos, so allows intermitant fasting, low carb etc without risk, and also does not increase insulin levels. It starting to look like high inslin levels do us as much damamge as high BG.