iPhone app to record blood tests and diet?

Tonyreynard

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I wonder if anyone could recommend a phone app to help with recording blood test results? I'm newly diagnosed with type 2

Thanks

Brillpaul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi
I use DiaConnect on my iPad and iPhone. I have subscribed for 1 year and find it adequate for my needs.

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use mySugr and love it. I'm T1 and it's great for recording everything, but you can 'hide' the insulin sections in the settings and just use it for bloods and food. It's great for recording what else you were doing that may affect your blood sugars, like exercise, stress or illness, and are able to then search for those 'tags' so you know what to expect next time. You can also add photos of your plate so you can see what size portion you ate. It is also able to 'scan' your result from your glucose monitor if you have the right kind (it works on quite a lot I think) which saves you entering all the details

Any T1's, or T2's on insulin, reading this - it has a great little bolus calculator integrated too.

fuseman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I use Glucose Companion and find it very good, the free version is adequate for T2 or you can pay £1.49 for the full version that calculates insulin

Hotpepper20000

I use mySugr and love it. I'm T1 and it's great for recording everything, but you can 'hide' the insulin sections in the settings and just use it for bloods and food. It's great for recording what else you were doing that may affect your blood sugars, like exercise, stress or illness, and are able to then search for those 'tags' so you know what to expect next time. You can also add photos of your plate so you can see what size portion you ate. It is also able to 'scan' your result from your glucose monitor if you have the right kind (it works on quite a lot I think) which saves you entering all the details

Any T1's, or T2's on insulin, reading this - it has a great little bolus calculator integrated too.
I also use MySugr app.
I really like that it predicts my A1C. It predicted mine to be 6.0 and my last lab test it was 5.9 so as long as your BG meter is accurate and you log enough it works well.

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I use DiaConnect AND MySugr - I'm a bit compulsive. But the reason is the two are good at different things. If I had to choose, I'd stick with MySugr because of the weekly/monthly/quarterly analyses. They're the most fantastic tool. But graphs aren't good, and DiaConnect graphs are *very* good. Try them both? DiaConnect much cheaper - lifetime cost about the same as MySugr fir one year.