Type 1 iPro monitors - how do you keep yours on?

robotears

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just had an ipro monitor fitted for the second time after the first attempt ended 2 days in when it fell off during an easy run.

Now I'm paranoid the thing's going to come off again so I've ended up stick another dressing plaster over the top, plus surgical tape cross-crossing it. I'm seriously considering gaffa tape.

So right now I have a compression top on under my shirt and am wanting to go out for a run tonight (my DSN is encouraging me to do my normal thing which usually has 2-4 runs a week) but don't want it to come off again as I'm keen to get on with the possibility of a pump.

Anyone have clever ideas on how to ensure it stays on?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Did your DSN put the tapes supplied with the monitor on it @robotears ? The iPro uses the same sensor technology and transmitter shape as the Enlites on Medtronic pumps. I used to put two of supplied tapes over the adhesive pad, one with extra tape on the sensor head, place the transmitter on the sensor, then overtape with a piece of OpSite tape over the transmitter. I could get 10 days out of a sensor that way.

Reactions: robotears

robotears

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't think so, just an adhesive pad x 2 in a cross over the monitor and then I added another pad plus tape over the top when I got home...I'd only cycled 15 minutes easy effort but still sweaty enough to make the corner come up - hence my extras!