1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Iris 43

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Iris43, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Iris43

Iris43 · Newbie

Hi does anyone know the guidance for Chiropody during the Coronavirus,I am due for my regular 2month appointment,is it classed as medical?

2. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it may be more appropriate to contact your chiropodist and find out if he/she is still working.

Most non-urgent procedures are being cancelled in hospitals and doctors don't want patients in their surgeries/clinics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

I think you are best to ring the Chiropody clinic to see if your appointment is still on.
    Most healthcare appts have been cancelled unless they are emergencies.

If your appointment is still on, I would query what measures they are taking to ensure the safety of patients and staff (personal protective equipment, door and chair hygiene, etc. etc.)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I got a letter from my local hospital cancelling a physio appointment in mid-April and asking me to contact them in July ‘if you still think you need the service’. The letter explained that all face to face appointments in the hospital were being cancelled.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ally1

ally1 Type 2 · Expert

I would imagine it will be cancelled but I would suggest phoning them

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook