Type 2 Iris 43

Iris43

Hi does anyone know the guidance for Chiropody during the Coronavirus,I am due for my regular 2month appointment,is it classed as medical?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi does anyone know the guidance for Chiropody during the Coronavirus,I am due for my regular 2month appointment,is it classed as medical?

I think it may be more appropriate to contact your chiropodist and find out if he/she is still working.

Most non-urgent procedures are being cancelled in hospitals and doctors don't want patients in their surgeries/clinics.

Reactions: Iris43

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you are best to ring the Chiropody clinic to see if your appointment is still on.
Most healthcare appts have been cancelled unless they are emergencies.

If your appointment is still on, I would query what measures they are taking to ensure the safety of patients and staff (personal protective equipment, door and chair hygiene, etc. etc.)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a letter from my local hospital cancelling a physio appointment in mid-April and asking me to contact them in July ‘if you still think you need the service’. The letter explained that all face to face appointments in the hospital were being cancelled.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I would imagine it will be cancelled but I would suggest phoning them