Ironic

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Computer died spectacularly yesterday. Resident computer fixer managed to salvage some of it, but I've lost all my emails and their addresses. Of late, I haven't been noting them in my address/phone book, so a very trying time. Doesn't it just show that no matter how much we use technology, the safest way is still a writing stick and paper!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Computer died spectacularly yesterday. Resident computer fixer managed to salvage some of it, but I've lost all my emails and their addresses. Of late, I haven't been noting them in my address/phone book, so a very trying time. Doesn't it just show that no matter how much we use technology, the safest way is still a writing stick and paper!
Or the cloud? It does have a silver lining. Though I confess to owning and using an old paper address book.

Reactions: Aishia

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Or the cloud? It does have a silver lining. Though I confess to owning and using an old paper address book.
Every silver lining has a cloud...

• Agree
Reactions: Aishia and zand

Vince01

If you login to your email provider you can retrieve all of your emails, or, look in the search bar, type in emails that you are searching for (ie home insurance) and any emails will be still in the phone.
Hope this helps.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use Gmail so this problem does not occur, Google also backs up my emails, contacts, calendar and bookmarks automatically.

Have been using since it was first available here in Australia many years ago now, and have never lost a thing due to computer / android device crashes or loss.

If I want to make a backup which I do occasionally of my contacts / calendar it's easy to do as it backs up to a standard format.( either CSV / ICS ).