Is anybody on Mounjaro?

Lemonie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm having a mare with this. I have received a box dated to expire 5-24. This came with a letter saying all of that batch is now actually 10-24 expire. Secondly I have opened the packet and there are no needles inside. Is this normal. Surely I don't have to buy my own needles?

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I maybe wrong but with all the pens I've ever used they have never come with supplied needles so I would say yes you will have to buy the needles .

Lemonie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm really miffed. I am almost a month now with no medication. Why on earth would they bring me in to talk me through how to use it without telling me I had to get needles. I don't mind buying them but I have no idea which ones to get. There are a lot of different ones. Is anybody on this who can advise where to get them?

Trishtrash

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just started Mounjaro and the needles are not supplied with this item as they are in Ozempic, my diabetic nurse added a box of 100 needles to my prescription which I had no problem getting from my local pharmacy.

• Informative
Reactions: Hopeful34

Eric8080

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I'm having a mare with this. I have received a box dated to expire 5-24. This came with a letter saying all of that batch is now actually 10-24 expire. Secondly I have opened the packet and there are no needles inside. Is this normal. Surely I don't have to buy my own needles?
Mine has been supplied with needles. I purchased privately (my GP Practice insisted I had to take Orlostat first )- BMI had fallen from 32 to 28 but plateaued - A1c stubborn at 8.2% on Metformin and Dapagliflozin.

I’ve been using a CGM to check impact at the start of this & 2 weeks in I’ve a few mild gastro side effects but am currently 82% time in range - quite extraordinary.