Is anyone taking Gliclazide 60 mg MR plus metformin?

Deborahb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercise for the point of exercise...
Since I have been a diabetic for decades it feels like nothing I do is working anymore! A new drug has been added that I took before and it made me low but not right away. I wondered if anyone else took Gliclazide in the extended release form and had highs AND lows later in the day? Thanks for any help I take 3 tablets a day at different times. Have a good day!

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Doesn't exactly answer your question. I sorted by T2 by going keto. Then I was diagnosed with something else and put on steroids and glicazide. I found that the glicazide did nothing to bring the numbers down, but made me go hypo in the early hours. After much stamping of feet and shouting, they took me off glicazide and put me on insulin. Currently much happier, but see neuro next week and will be asking to increase the steroids, then it will all kick off again.

Reactions: Deborahb

Deborahb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercise for the point of exercise...
I am wondering myself if I might be better off on insulin. I have been a diabetic for over 40 years and have taken insulin only when I had pneumonia twice and nothing I could do would bet the levels down. Gliclazide does not seem to do anything to me and it is the moderate release so is supposed to stay in my system for hours...