Is it a Hypo?

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
Hi all, I keep getting these feelings like I am having a hypo but when I check my BS it's always between 4 and 4.8, the lower it is the worse I feel. After I've eaten I feel ok again.

So, is it possible to have an hypo between 4 and 4.8mmol or is it just a warning that I am heading towards a hypo?

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
sugarless sue said:
This is just hypo awareness.....a good thing ! :D

More info here :

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18529

Thanks for your prompt reply.

If this is "hypo awareness" I'd hate to have a "real" hypo. :shock:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
It's not a lot of fun ! Good Hypo awareness let's you treat it before it goes down too far !

C

catherinecherub

Hi Ka-Mon,

The lower your HBA1c then the more difficult it is to avoid. My last HBA1c was 4.9 and I am trying to raise it as when I get towards 4 .2 to 4 .5 then I know I have to eat. This doesn't give me a lot of leeway. I stayed with an HBA1c of 5.2 for ages and did not encounter these problems. I also cannot gain weight even though I eat well, underweight now and am having several tests to rule out other possibilities that are not diabetes related. I have hypo'd a couple of times which is not nice and the fact that I am diet controlled proves that hypos can occur for anyone. Good control can be a curse and a blessing. :roll:

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

Hi Catherine,

I really don't like my BG going below 5 because I start getting that "hypo feeling". I eat if I do but it's not always possible, especially if I'm out. I'm not sure if I ever got as low as 4.2 or below when out and about but I know I have to eat when I get to around 4.8 because I feel horrible and start getting a headache. When out one day last year I think I had a hypo because I started staggering about but didn't have my meter with me so don't know if my BG went below 4 or not, felt a lot better after a bacon sarnie and a mug of tea. A bacon sarnie and tea never tasted better than it did on that day. :lol:

I am on up to 4 Metformin a day, depending on what I eat, and I do eat well of everything, portion controlled of course. But even so I'm down to 11 stones from 13 and still losing weight. I'm almost down to a size 30, the same weight/size I was when I got married back in the 70's. :D

I hope your tests don't prove anything sinister.

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Keep a roll of glucose sweets in your pocket, bag, car etc. Then you can treat it quickly whilst you're on the move.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

SophiaW said:
Keep a roll of glucose sweets in your pocket, bag, car etc. Then you can treat it quickly whilst you're on the move.

I did last year but kept forgetting to take them with me. Then my son found them, tried one and they were gone. LOL. I really should get some more but keep forgetting. Maybe it's true what they say about diabetics and short memory problems...in my case anyway. :lol: