Is it me or..

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not going to get into the humour, bad or good, I didn't start this thread to discuss that. What I will say briefly though is that this section of the forum is the Diabetes Soapbox, where people write about things that annoy, or irritate. We have got a section specifically for Jokes and Humour, which might be worthwhile keeping in mind..

My irritation (although I do understand Claire's concerns, and that she did what she felt was appropriate) was with the fact a whole thread has gone. If it was felt to be getting out of hand, then lock it and take it from there. When people ask for their threads to be deleted, it's not taking into account the feelings of those who have already posted in reply to their original post and I do feel it's discourteous.

Nuff said.
Provided the thread is not locked then we all have the facility to edit our postings, and by so doing can delete the text within, or publish an apology instead. This includes an OP. Maybe the moderators could respond to an OP request to delete by first sending a pm to the OP suggesting this as an option. This could be a standardised message with instructions on how to do it, and written politely so as to reduce embarassment. After a while the mod could add a coda posting giving the reason, and then lock the thread.