Is it me?

candyrel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
loathe cheese and yoghurt, spinach, rhubarb and apricots
catherinecherub said:
Candyrel.
You say you were offered ace inhibitors but declined them. Who is monitoring your blood pressure?
This can cause headaches if it is high and can also make you feel lethargic.
Just a suggestion.
Regards, Catherine.

At the end of the month I am to be fitted with a bp cuff for 24 hours of monitoring. Other than that I have a monitor at home, I have had a lot of stress over the past few years that I am not prepared to air on an open forum. I have spoken about it to someone on here in a pm and I think that shoulde suffice.

I go to the gym at least 3 times a week and I do plenty of walking and cycling. I live on the coast so have some fantastic walks and it is a mile to my bus stop and I dont drive so lethargy is not something I can say I really suffer with.

I am fitter in mind and body than I have been in years its just different things I am noticing since diagnosis.

My blood pressure only seems to shoot up if I seen my dn or my doc......go figure :shock:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
My blood pressure only seems to shoot up if I seen my dn or my doc......go figure :shock:

It's called,"White coat syndrome!!", I get it as well!! Usually the doc.takes my BP then talks a while then repeats it to see if there is a difference.Now,I like my doctor,I'm not in the least apprehensive about seeing her,and it never happens with the nurse,who does wind me up,go figure that one out!!

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
I know what you mean Ian. People do drift away from past friends etc. Our family have no contact with one another either. No real shared interests anything in common at all. Very little contact with one sister - 2nd lives with me - and brother died August 2008. that's maternal side. Paternal side it's the funerals gathering thing. Bothered me at first but after trying to a few times to get people interested in each other I gave up and lost contact.
I find that I am closer to a few, very few, friends than I have ever been with family. sounds sad but that's people and life. I just get on with it. Life's full of ups and downs...more downs with me lately. So time to pull myself up and start yet again. :roll: 8)

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Patronising people, fish and cold callers
Ian and Gilly, I can identify with you as well. Before my dad's funeral my mum hadn't seen her older brother for 20 years - not since their mum's funeral. He lives in Solihull and we're in Coventry so distance wasn't a problem, it's just that there's 15 years between my mum and her brother so they didn't really have anything in common. We only recently found out that he'd lost his wife to Motor Neurone Disease in February. Fortunately, mum has a sister who lives in Scotland and she's the matriarch of the family, but now she's had a stroke so we're all in close contact with her side. One thing to come out of all this is I now have my cousin's mobile number and email address, so we can chat whenever we have the time (not easy - I have an autistic teenager and she has 2 young girls).

Sorry for rambling so much, i'm making the most of actually having the computer all to myself for once. My point (yes there was one!) is that no matter what contact you have with your family, everyone on this forum is there for each other. We're the lucky ones having such a valuable resource at our fingertips. Take care,
Bubsy

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
I agree bubsy. No matter who we have in our private life we have many friends here on this site. I love the laughter, friendshio and great advice I get. There's no 'it's your own fault' or anything like that....just simple advice. so keep it up everybody!!! :D :mrgreen:

Trinkwasser

candyrel said:
Another thing I have noticed is that I feel the cold more...but I think thats something to do with my age :oops:

Hmmm, that CAN be a symptom of hypothyroid, I'd get it checked and make sure they give you the number, some people don't do well unless their TSH is around 1 and some doctors won't treat until it's over 5 or even 10, or not at all.

(Can also be a symptom of getting cold <G>)

gillyh

Dislikes
I'm also cold all the time. Normally I'd be the first one to take off fleece/top when at work. now I don't take it off at all. Will have to talk to dr next mot. :lol: