Is it possible to be tested too early? please help.

Ljf123

I'm new here and more or less here out of desperation because I don't know what to do anymore. I went to the doctor a month ago when I started noticing I was urinating from anywhere from five to nine times a day, at the time I went to the doctors I had only been having these symptoms for five days but was unusual for me because I used to only urinate two or three times a day. I asked if it could be diabetes and the doctor laughed at me and said I was paranoid but did a urine test on me anyway which was negative and told me I didn't have diabetes so I didn't have to worry. Since then I have been back to the doctors and seen different doctors and been told I'm fine and one even said I have an eating disorder which angered me to no end. I have had blood tests at the hospital within the first week of symptoms and was told I was fine.

My symptoms that I have been experiencing for the last month:
Constantly tired- I sleep for like tweleve hours a day and keep getting forgetful
Weight loss- I'm a fairly thin beforeheand but I have people in my family telling me I'm getting thinner everytime they see me and even people in my class at college are telling me I'm getting really thin.
Hunger- Despite being thin, I am putting it away, I am eating so much and still thin.
Pain in limbs- I get pain in my fingers, hands, forearms, upper arm, thigh, shin, calves, Achilles, feet and big toes. It's like a dull ache or a stabbing pain. I've always had a problem with discoloration in my legs if I stood
Keep getting ill- In the last month I have a had a common cold, pink eye and now a throat infection.
Thirsty- I drink about two litres a day but still have a dry mouth.
Urinating- I go about on average six times a day which for me is a lot
Feeling sick or stomache ache- I get this every now and then but will be hungry regardless.

I have been refered to a Endocrinologist but I have to wait a month and this is really effecting my school work now and my teachers are concered because I was a good student before this. I don't know what to do anymore I just keep getting worse.
Could I have diabetes and not know or has anyone else had these problems?

Side note- I do have OCD and have taken sertraline for four years, folic acid deficiency anemia which I take tablets for and also take Vitamin B and D.

Thanks for the help.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear you feel unwell and yes some of your symptoms could be due to diabetes and probably quite a lot of other possibilities too. There is no point in telling you to go and see your doctor since you have done that and it didn't help. Perhaps you shouldn't have suggested a diagnosis.

The issue seems to be that you have to wait a long time before you see the endocrinologist and you are going to worry during that period. You can get a random test for high blood sugar at some pharmacies and they do it for free. Doing that might help to eliminate one problem. I hesitate to suggest that you get a meter of your own since you have OCD and if you turn out not to be diabetic it will be a waste of money.

http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/info/type-2-diabetes-testing