Is it possible to 'over correct'

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed in 2014 with a HbA1c of 9.6mmol/l
I told my Dr that I want to try diet and exercise first before going on meds.
He agreed with me.
I came here (lucky me) and was fortunate to read about Dr Richard Bernstein's protocol.
I got the book, absorbed the information therein and followed his protocol.

Now my issue is that I am getting below normal BG levels, Knowing how IR I was (Obesity, upper body adiposity and of course the T2DM diagnosis) I am very reluctant to go over the 20g carbs.

My BG is in the Upper to Mid 3s nowadays. I have no symptoms of Hypo at all. I still do my exercise walks and I check my ketones daily with a blood ketone strip and its in the 2.1 -2.5 range, so no issues there too. If I have no issues with hypos is BG in the 3s OK , My fasting BG reading, is usually in the mid 4s most days, unless of course I have been me and partake in some of my 'verboten' stuff.
_nPBrf4wqjxP20dSI-WmP86G5trUAdXM1MbGx6mXDnlp4oeZzYRPC1HW1nsGilvTYPFABAFo91raObvTSvpX2N3BEZjkukp46kCMmxGcePufrCXUm36ew9bX_4o9OuHl1qcUd3tjxv__OSJIxjQwOkfWYa56j6Dma9sy6M6rephDJLC-ydvMfiJmYnfX0U9Y3V3wWJy7FFpRKWJsVlc70ll8QWCwtjVb1akZpG7DY2bLZ_EZdyBxM75aIf7jm0h8FXPpKhaFawZEVmdXtThA0cIb1YBbKyM56xZCTNTiAmyQj4nOmgixO3knLWeMpjcNB5Px0obc6TOZ_cmpQsPLMAbdes6kDYpbdZUEMzmSDPz34D3Ef4EsAL4Vq1j3Z_g09Baqsz-I42Q6jLjAV9FjH_buCjo-fuN7vW3rlwohU5H5Aoj8xdmOptfh-0SgHanM9r19qF-_mYOUaJmc-XgwwaH-7pzoQdxXTw9LW1dLjkJpZrashbNDQmMztJpfTWLKIO7Vgt0adUEpSxEu4XvX3HTlCq5Zgqn3VnBRu-2DX8Su6d7Z0Rk82cLhVTd8gaD-zH6mI2xXGyQlYNSfTbyLRPpTxpwu51nItd9loQxH-ED3bCxXejaxLOCa_F13_3I=w657-h875-no

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am in the 3s most days for at least some of the time. I'm not as LC as you, but, I view it as just how I am now.

What was your latest lab A1c test result, after all a finger prick test is just a snapshot in time.

It's my belief the some "normies" are also frequently in the 3s, but because they don't test their bloods as we do, they simply have no idea.

Reactions: brassyblonde900

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
My take: Choose any aspect of the human body and measure lots of people and there will be a range. Most people will find themselves in a big group in the middle, but there will be long tails of stragglers at either end. That it their normal. Your normal seems to be lower than average.
Sally

Reactions: brassyblonde900

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just for fun, I did a BG test on about six different (non-diabetic) people once, round my old place of work. One of them measured mid-3s, despite having eaten in the previous hour and having a high BMI...

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am in the 3s most days for at least some of the time. I'm not as LC as you, but, I view it as just how I am now.

What was your latest lab A1c test result, after all a finger prick test is just a snapshot in time.

It's my belief the some "normies" are also frequently in the 3s, but because they don't test their bloods as we do, they simply have no idea.
Thanks for your insight.
Due to some unrelated haemoglobin issue, my tests are Fructosamine and not HbA1cs, which I have never been able to make sense of, because the conversion to HbA1c stumps me, and therefore I don't give it more than a cursory attention. I have heard the Dr use the word normal a few times when we talk about my results, that is when they are not trying to talk me into taking statins haha.