Is it worth going on meds?

Howski

Yea thats fine - please don't think I was having a pop at the people here! I just used the site as a reference during the first few weeks and it was more of a throw away comment with no malice!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Howard.
There is no problem. We are pleased that it was pointed out to us. We have now passed it on to the Administrator and we will see what happens. Thanks again. :D

Ken.

Howski

Good - I'd not want to make enemies..... I know curing type 2 is easy but I'm enjoying having it it so I plan on sticking around for a while ;)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Howard.
Further to the above we have spoken with the Administrator and this has been noted and will be changed shortly to the correct information as I posted above.

If anybody comes across any other anomalies on the Community pages can they please let us know either via a pm to a Forum Monitor or on the board. We will then do our utmost to get it corrected.

Thanks again Howard for pointing this out. :D

Ken

jopar

humm Ken

How do we PM moderators, their Inbox's have been disabled?

All we can do is PM Admin with any problems...

The report a post button is the only method that can be used to contact modators...

cugila

Master
Dislikes
jopar said:
humm Ken

How do we PM moderators, their Inbox's have been disabled?

All we can do is PM Admin with any problems...

The report a post button is the only method that can be used to contact modators...

Hi Jo.

PM Moderators.........you don't. The reason for that has been discussed here before. They remain anonymous to protect them. As I stated in my previous post you pm a Forum Monitor, not a Moderator. You are at liberty to pm Admin if you wish to.

When a post is reported it is dealt with by one of the Moderators or a Forum Monitor.

Howski

Well personally (and I'm still new to this) I think newly diag T2 who are overwieght for the most part should be given insulin straight off along with all the diet help. If IR is a problem and loosing weight helps then we should protect those beta cells while we lower it

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Howski said:
Well personally (and I'm still new to this) I think newly diag T2 who are overwieght for the most part should be given insulin straight off along with all the diet help. If IR is a problem and loosing weight helps then we should protect those beta cells while we lower it

Unfortunately most, but not all, new type 2's are insulin resistant. Giving them yet more insulin could therefore increase their weight even more causing even more insulin resistance. A vicious circle, the more insulin you require the more resistant you would get.

The best way to lose the weight is to reduce carb intake and use portion control, as the weight comes off the insulin resistance decreases.

Howski

Forgive me if I am wrong but taking the load off the beta cells can premote "recovery" or at least slow the death of the cells so if you take the load off short term and manage the insulin to the point you are still loosing wieght then would it not benifit you long term?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
The way to take the load off the beta cells to rest them is to reduce the body ( pancreas) producing insulin. The way to do this is to reduce the need for the insulin ie. by eating less sugar-producing foods ie carbs.