Is the LowCarb Program worth spending money on?

Carole12

I would like to ask if the LowCarb Program is worth paying for? I’m pre diabetic at an HbA1c number of 47 in April. All I want is a properly worked out menu plan. I’ve cut carbs and cut down on sugar for 3 weeks now and lost nearly 3kg. However I’m not sure if my eating is WELL BALANCED?
I don’t wish to pay fairly high costs for a plan that includes coaching and meetings etc. I just want a properly balanced pre diabetic plan that is proportionate. Carbs, sugar, fats and protein.

I see the NHS has a two week eating plan that I have downloaded but it doesn’t mention ‘sugars’ nor ‘fats’/ ‘saturated fats’. It addresses carbs only and protein.

Any ideas?

Reactions: UnionBerlin

ajbod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Personally i would say no. As you are testing, you will rapidly learn which foods are good or bad for YOU. Look at all the free recipes online, and try them. Once you have a few meals you know are good, you'll be laughing. And the more you learn the easier to adapt dodgy meals, to suit your metabolism.
If in doubt about any meal just Google anything, but put Keto in front of it. (Spoiler alert, you may get carried away and lose many hours.)

Carole12

Personally i would say no. As you are testing, you will rapidly learn which foods are good or bad for YOU. Look at all the free recipes online, and try them. Once you have a few meals you know are good, you'll be laughing. And the more you learn the easier to adapt dodgy meals, to suit your metabolism.
If in doubt about any meal just Google anything, but put Keto in front of it. (Spoiler alert, you may get carried away and lose many hours.)
Ahhh thankyou so much. I won’t be joining. . Yes…definitely many more hours spent looking.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So many free keto recipes on YouTube. My favourite is Ketofocus she has a low carb version on just about everything from lasagne to cake! But as ajbod has said test your BG to find out what you’re ok with and what spikes your insulin (test before you eat and then again 2 hours after, if it‘s 2 mmol/l or more above your before test then that’s classed as a spike)

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So many free keto recipes on YouTube. My favourite is Ketofocus she has a low carb version on just about everything from lasagne to cake! But as ajbod has said test your BG to find out what you’re ok with and what spikes your insulin (test before you eat and then again 2 hours after, if it‘s 2 mmol/l or more above your before test then that’s classed as a spike)
Can I be pedantic and point out it’s blood glucose you are measuring not insulin, which can’t be measured at home.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I be pedantic and point out it’s blood glucose you are measuring not insulin, which can’t be measured at home.
Sorry, slip of the tongue! I meant blood glucose spike. Not pedantic at all as these things can be misunderstood ;)

Reactions: aylalake

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, slip of the tongue! I meant blood glucose spike. Not pedantic at all as these things can be misunderstood ;)
Thanks for understanding. It’s a mistake I see a lot when people take about diabetes and sometimes it’s a misunderstanding of two totally different things rather than a slip of the tongue as it was here. In some situations it propagates the misunderstanding

woolwitchy

I would like to ask if the LowCarb Program is worth paying for? I’m pre diabetic at an HbA1c number of 47 in April. All I want is a properly worked out menu plan. I’ve cut carbs and cut down on sugar for 3 weeks now and lost nearly 3kg. However I’m not sure if my eating is WELL BALANCED?
I don’t wish to pay fairly high costs for a plan that includes coaching and meetings etc. I just want a properly balanced pre diabetic plan that is proportionate. Carbs, sugar, fats and protein.

I see the NHS has a two week eating plan that I have downloaded but it doesn’t mention ‘sugars’ nor ‘fats’/ ‘saturated fats’. It addresses carbs only and protein.

Any ideas?
Have a look at diet doctor online, just click on recipes

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with you
The post you’ve linked to allegedly from me wasn’t posted by me in that format and has been faked as a spam attempt Regarding cryptocurrency. Reported to mods for deletion

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.

Any ideas?

One thing not addressed so far; are you more likely to follow an eating plan if you have paid for it?
For some people this will be more motivating than trawling through the mass of conflicting information on line.

You can achieve good things without paying - the resources are all here.
However the key thing is focus and motivation.

Reactions: aylalake