Is there something like too low HbA1C?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Thank you very much for reply @kitedoc. Reason I was asking is that my a1c levels as type 2 are below 5 for 18 month now.
My initial hba1c was 8% and all the rest 4.5 to 4.8 after switching low carb and stric exercise regimen.
My meter readings itself appears to be a bit higher than a1c indicates but it maybe something to do with my red blood cells dying faster than average person. My full blood count not indicate any anomalies within red blood cells. I dont know is there any other ways to check if they actually live 120days.
But anyway thanks for your comprehensive reply
Lol, M, I'd recommend being a wild child for three months: steak-bakes, cheesecake, beer, maybe pass out in a Soho gutter at 3am a couple of times with a severe hypo for added affect - you'll be a total shoo-in for a libre script after that!
Probably same behaviour or at least results with less 'wild' behaviour to earn an insulin pump, too!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Thank you very much for reply @kitedoc. Reason I was asking is that my a1c levels as type 2 are below 5 for 18 month now.
My initial hba1c was 8% and all the rest 4.5 to 4.8 after switching low carb and stric exercise regimen.
My meter readings itself appears to be a bit higher than a1c indicates but it maybe something to do with my red blood cells dying faster than average person. My full blood count not indicate any anomalies within red blood cells. I dont know is there any other ways to check if they actually live 120days.
Hi again @lucas12, if you put words like ' causes for false HBA1C' in the question box right upper section of the Forum page there are references there to articles which list and explain the various medical conditions, medications etc which can affect HBA1C readings including haemolysis = premature death of red blood cells etc, high dose Vitamin C or E, aspirin, liver disease etc. :):):)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

There is no way of determining how long red blood cells live for us mere mortals. It requires hospital examinations and tests, and is only ever done for research purposes.