Is this good for a newly diagnosed Type 1??

Neckarski_94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if this is good for a newly diagnosed Type 1?
IMG_2278.png

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That looks great as you can see from the 70% target line on your graphs.
Do not be disheartened if your numbers vary a little more in the future.
Remember to look about all of your - body and mind. Some people require a lot of effort to maintain these levels and need to look after their mental health. I am not saying this is the case for you, but make sure diabetes is not running your life - diabetes burnout is a serious risk.

Reactions: Neckarski_94

Neckarski_94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
That looks great as you can see from the 70% target line on your graphs.
Do not be disheartened if your numbers vary a little more in the future.
Remember to look about all of your - body and mind. Some people require a lot of effort to maintain these levels and need to look after their mental health. I am not saying this is the case for you, but make sure diabetes is not running your life - diabetes burnout is a serious risk.
It’s not easy I tell you that much! I’m really struggling at the moment!

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It’s not easy I tell you that much! I’m really struggling at the moment!
Then maybe it is already time to allow yourself a chance to miss your targets more often.
However, I agree with @Hopeful34 that your target range is unusual. The usual target is 4.0 to 10.0. I understand why you may have a higher upper target as you are newly diagnosed but (as a non-medically qualified person with Type 1), I would recommend raising your lower target to 4.0 as a minimum, Anything lower than this is hypo and a sudden hypo is far more dangerous than a sudden hyper. Plus it is not a good idea to familiarise your body with lower target as this can reduce your hypo awareness.

Neckarski_94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
Then maybe it is already time to allow yourself a chance to miss your targets more often.
However, I agree with @Hopeful34 that your target range is unusual. The usual target is 4.0 to 10.0. I understand why you may have a higher upper target as you are newly diagnosed but (as a non-medically qualified person with Type 1), I would recommend raising your lower target to 4.0 as a minimum, Anything lower than this is hypo and a sudden hypo is far more dangerous than a sudden hyper. Plus it is not a good idea to familiarise your body with lower target as this can reduce your hypo awareness.
I’m not striving to hit any targets. I have just hit them by chance! Lucky I guess! As I said to @Hopeful34 this isn’t a target that I have set.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As I said to @Hopeful34 this isn’t a target that I have set.
But it is a target you can change. And I recommend doing so in order to get alerts for hypos (and more meaningful graphs).
Sorry if this sounds harsh but diabetes is a condition that we need to manage ourselves. Our DSNs and consultants can offered advice but very soon we get to know our bodies and lifestyles and mental capacity much better than they do. So we need to be confident to adjust targets and, later, doses, ourselves.