Type 2 Is this neuropathy, or something else?

nannoo_bird

I was told years ago that the pains in my feet was PN (but this was based just on my symptoms). However, I had a check up yesterday with the DN, who checked my feet, and there was no numbness. But I am in constant discomfort with them, it is as if the skin is stretched far too tight, and as if they had been burned - sometimes they are so sensitive I can't touch them. Is this neuropathy, or could it be something else?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was told years ago that the pains in my feet was PN (but this was based just on my symptoms). However, I had a check up yesterday with the DN, who checked my feet, and there was no numbness. But I am in constant discomfort with them, it is as if the skin is stretched far too tight, and as if they had been burned - sometimes they are so sensitive I can't touch them. Is this neuropathy, or could it be something else?

well it can be neuropathy, neuropathy hit people in so many ways, some even in the stomach so they get problems with eating and alike or other parts of the body so they either feel burn all the time or very cold at the area or just like an itching..

but it can also be of other reasons that one has sensations like you tell about , and really here it is better to get some expert to excamine you once more and give a diagnosis.. the nurse is not a person to give diagnoses ...that is not her education..

https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders.../Fact-Sheets/Peripheral-Neuropathy-Fact-Sheet

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had PN in my feet since being on chemotherapy 4 years ago. The chemo damages the long nerve that goes right down to the foot. I get pins and needles, plus burning, and can feel uncomfortable although it doesn't affect walking or anything else. My feet aren't numb, they have full sensitivity and they have a strong pulse according to my DN. So it is possible to have PN with full sensitivity and a good pulse.

I can't say what yours is or what causes it, but your doctor may know.

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Freezing or burning sensation, jabbing pains and extreme sensitive to touch are symptoms of neuropathy. So you might be experiencing it.

You might like to try vitamin B12 and Alpha Lipoic Acid. This might help the pain.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Diabetes Summit starts on March 20th. Go here to register for this free event... http://www.thediabetessummit.com/ John Hayes, M.D. will be interviewed. This is what he's going to be discussing...

ASSESSMENT AND SOLUTIONS FOR PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY

- Understanding the various types of neuropathy
- Learning to properly assess the feet for neurological health
- Natural solutions to address and eliminate neuropathy

I don't know anything about this health practitioner but interested in hearing what he has too say. We won't know which day he's presenting on until the summit starts. Oops, looks like he's presenting on Day 1 which would be March 20th... http://drmowll.com/ds17schedule You must register to attend, preferably before 20th so you don't miss the first day. Again, it's free.

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't got numbness per se either and it's not exactly debilitating pain, mine is a "pressing sensation" as though I am standing barefoot and putting all my weight on a bed of marbles, or as if someone is pressing stones in to my feet. It is incredibly uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
I'm struggling with my feet too - I also have carpal Tunnel- which seems worse lately . .. and so the list grows