Is this placement ok for Dexcom ONE sensor?

Neckarski_94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
Hi all,

I am a newly diagnosed Type 1 diabetic. Fairly new to Dexcom. This is only my second time applying a Dexcom sensor. The first one I applied I think I placed it too low down my arm and started peeling after a week. This one seems to have crumpled ever so slightly when applying. Will it be fine? Any tips would be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Dale
Newly diagnosed Type 1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A wrinkle like that will not make a difference.
When applying sensors, a few things to bear in mind to avoid peeling
- make sure your skin is clean and grease free. Cleaning with shower gel containing moisturiser is not recommended. The sensor does not stick well to oily skin
- avoid a bend or area that flexes. Sensor do not bend so if you place it on the edge of a muscle, it will start to peel off.
- some hirsute chaps (and chappesses) find it useful to shave the area where they place their sensor. This can help with stickiness and also avoids pain removing it from your hair at the end of its life.

Neckarski_94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
A wrinkle like that will not make a difference.
When applying sensors, a few things to bear in mind to avoid peeling
- make sure your skin is clean and grease free. Cleaning with shower gel containing moisturiser is not recommended. The sensor does not stick well to oily skin
- avoid a bend or area that flexes. Sensor do not bend so if you place it on the edge of a muscle, it will start to peel off.
- some hirsute chaps (and chappesses) find it useful to shave the area where they place their sensor. This can help with stickiness and also avoids pain removing it from your hair at the end of its life.
Thank you very much!

jester a

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

I am a newly diagnosed Type 1 diabetic. Fairly new to Dexcom. This is only my second time applying a Dexcom sensor. The first one I applied I think I placed it too low down my arm and started peeling after a week. This one seems to have crumpled ever so slightly when applying. Will it be fine? Any tips would be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Dale
Newly diagnosed Type 1
Hi I don't use dexacom I use a Llibra. What I do is have a shower to pull it of, then I use an alcoholic wipe make sure its dry before applying my new libra and press it on firmly, when I am taking a top of I am very careful and when I go in the shower while using it I am very carefully when washing around it. That seems to work for me.