Is this to be expected?

AmyW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just asking out if interest and not in place of medical advice! I had my first review last week and he was very pleased with my progress, suggested I’d done too well and lowered my sugars too quickly. Since Saturday, I feel like my usual insulin dose isn’t working? My sugars won’t go below 12, I’ve stuck with eating the same but they keep spiking for no reason (highest reading around 16) I don’t feel unwell in myself, my eyes were struggling last week but GP said this would likely be an adjustment but now they feel much better! I’m just not sure what others peoples experiences of this are and whether I need to worry! I’m based in England so rang 111 who just said to speak to the Doctor. I wasn’t sure whether I could be physically unwell and just not realise! I’m going to speak with him on Thursday but I’m very disheartened because I’d done really well last week! Just wasn’t sure if this could be a consequence of doing good last week!

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you a T1 or a T2? I know some people have what is known as a "honeymoon phase" that you could possibly look up. Some others (me included) are more sensitive to insulin during either extreme heat or cold - heat for me. Stress could also play a part in it - and if nothing else, blame the diabetes gremlins. :happy::angelic::happy:

AmyW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks! I will have a read! Type unknown as of yet!

Are you a T1 or a T2? I know some people have what is known as a "honeymoon phase" that you could possibly look up. Some others (me included) are more sensitive to insulin during either extreme heat or cold - heat for me. Stress could also play a part in it - and if nothing else, blame the diabetes gremlins. :happy::angelic::happy: