Is this what i must do?

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
It's been established many years ago that my type 2 is bad enough to require insulin. I have no insulin unless I want to endure painful side effects and extreme hunger and continuing weight gain.
So as it is now I haven't been using any.

So the 3 questions are--

1. Must I starve to control my blood sugar?

2. Must I go over my Dr's head and ask a different dr for the insulin that works for me? Thus risking the loss of that dr after a several year search for a dr.

3. Must I survive on the few foods I can eat with no insulin and suffer from my intolerances(diarhea/vomiting)? (Pb and shredded cheese and broccoli).

Pls help.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
1. No! You must eat! But you must find a range of foods you can tolerate.
2. There is no reason why not. But, if there is another way of getting help, then do it! Even if it means going to the hospital, or going private, or phoning a helpline.
3.I have a lot of intolerances, the list is long! Having RH means that I am carb intolerant, along with all the sugars, of which lactose is particularly bad! It is like an allergy to food! Many vegetables, vegetable oils, soya, palm oil and production ingredients are liable to cause illness. I only have fresh food!
I received help from a dietician through my endocrinologist. Instead of treating the hypos, or the cause, the aim was very similar to a patient with eating disorders.
The idea of a food diary, with recording everything including BG levels, portion size, exercise, and more importantly the results of the food, drinks, your feelings and anything else that you deem important.
There is helpline for the likes of yourself, eating disorders even with diabetes or other conditions could really help you, you need options, they are out there. That is what they do! You need help! Phone them!

My best wishes.

• Agree
Reactions: lovinglife

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
So been searching and checking around and basically finding out that the insulin that works for me isn't being made and that ppl everywhere are being forced on the biosimilars.
So basically I'm screwed.
As I'm unable to tolerate the side effects.