Is your gms often wrong?

Chanlesa

I bought myself a gmc, and its readings sometimes differ from the readings of the glucose meter by 2 units. The glucose meter showed 6.9, and libre was 4.8, libre showed LO, and the glucose meter showed 3.2. Is this typical for libre or did I do something wrong during installation?

Chanlesa

As others have said, my Libre cgm often reads lower than my Contour Next One USB bs meter. I believe my meter is more accurate than the Libre, but I still rely on the Libre to track my daily graphs and time in range. However, some sensors do agree very closely with my meter, while others do not. When I start a new sensor I also take a meter reading for the first time or two that I use my Libre to see if this sensor is close to my meter or not and by how much it is off. Once I get an idea by how much lower the cgm is than my meter, I then mentally calibrate the libre reading. That is if my Libre shows readings lower than my meter of say 20 or 30 units ( I am in the U.S.) I mentally add those 20 or 30 units to my Libre reading to approximate my true blood sugar meter reading. My Libre has shown me going low a few times but my meter did not agree, and I know I was not low because when I do go low my eyesight gets blotchy and I get a nervous/lightheaded feeling. My opinion is that this CGM technology is fairly new and it will improve in time.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you very much! Diabox calibrated my sensor, and now its readings coincide with the readings of the glucose meter for half a day. I definitely like this app

Hi,

I use the Diabox app too. Though I find the L2 even on the non calibrated librelink app pretty close to my meter.
I normally work with 0.6Mmol of each other.

I normally only apply a new sensor for a change over a few hours prior, if I’m busy when the sensor is about to expire..

I’m also fully hypo aware. But I’ve found the Diabox alarms actually give me five maybe ten minutes heads up I’m about to feel one coming on. Which for me minimises the actual symptoms of a low due to earlier treatment?

In my experience. If I can feel the sensor “twanging?” It’s more likely to need a lot of calibration tweaks..
Could have something to do with slightly misplaced into muscle tissue?
A non twanger for me? (The sort you forget it’s there.) seems pretty much on the ball…