It is working!! Thanks

Pumpkinbum34

Hi everyone :D

Just wanted to say a BIG thank you for helping me understand carbs and the effects on a diabetic. When i first posted on the forum my bloods were averaging about 17-18 always, but now that I have been low carbing for the past week my bloods are between 8-9 on average and today I woke up at 7.3 which is fab!! :D :D :D

I am so glad I found this site and so grateful to you all for your support.

Big Hugs

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Great news Pumpkinbum34 :)

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
That's excellent news Izzy. Are you feeling any better in yourself, since you managed to get your BG undercontrol?

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
That IS great news. How are you enjoying lo-carbing? It takes very little effort, doesn't it - the food is bloody lovely!

Pumpkinbum34

Hi everyone :D

Thanks for your replies. Initially I felt a bit head-achy but I think that was down to the reduced carbs and also my body not being use to my BG being so much lower but now I feel great. My symptoms such as thirst, frequent loo trips and pins and needles are barely there and my mood is also much happier. An added bonus is that my DSN has also started to reduce my Levemir at night which is great! It is definately easy to follow and yes.... the food is yummy! :D :D

I think the only thing that is now a concern is Hypos and how best to control them. I had my first one whilst asleep last night and I am starting to worry a bit if this will become a regular occurence due to my sugars now being lower??? I also have no idea what to do when this happens and how best to manage it as nobody was expecting me to hit low figures so quickly, so the need to explain about such things were overlooked!

I am going to mooch around the forum tho and see what info I can gather there must be lots of info on here about hypos and stuff.

Big hugs

sandy2011

Pumpkinbum34, great new!!!! I also wanted to thank the forums for this low carb diet thing, it is so important.

traceysappho

Dislikes
long winters
Hi was reading about people who have lowered their sugars using low carbs. Could someone help me my blood sugars can even go up to HI (not readable) Only just figured out its the carbs and nurses never told me this

Maryannonsilk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Intolerance
I've just finished reading the Scandinavian Diet and the whole thing makes for pretty concise and clear reading ... after an amazing first week my BG is now creeping back up in the third week ... same meal plans and a bit tighter given that I understand the low carb thing ... will be interesting to see what it all stabilises at ...