It was going ever so well today...

Meady74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tablets
Yep, doing really good today, then caved in and had a snickers. Now feel like a lump of

Would I be right in assuming that exercise can increase glucose levels? Asking as that's the only thing done between the first and second readings for today.
Screenshot_20240212_182822_mySugr.jpg

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, doing really good today, then caved in and had a snickers. Now feel like a lump of
emoji90.png
emoji2359.png

Would I be right in assuming that exercise can increase glucose levels? Asking as that's the only thing done between the first and second readings for today.
Exercise can sometimes raise blood glucose, yes.
But at what time did you have the Snickers?

If you mean going up from 7.6 to 8.5 between 5:04 and 7:31, this could be exercise or simply Dawn Phenomenon/Foot on the Floor effect, where your friendly liver chucks out some glucose to help you get going for the day. Friendly as it is, it's also rather stupid and it doesn't know you have diabetes, very annoying. :banghead:
That said, you only went up by 0.9 mmol/l, which isn't too bad. :)

Reactions: filly

Meady74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tablets
Had the snickers after 17.00, hence the rise. Exercise in the morning, first reading was when I got up as had to drive to the station and then second reading was just before breakfast. So, there was plenty of walking between.

• Informative
Reactions: Antje77