It works. Yes it does.

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diagnosed in December 2016 at A1c of 90. 6 months ago was down to 46. Just been told its now 37. So non-diabetic numbers. Now need to work harder at shifting some more weight as its levelled off a bit. I'm hoping dropping the Gliclazide will make a difference, and not push the BG back up much.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Fabulous numbers! Well done, you! You knew it would work , didnt you? Lol

Reactions: Prem51 and ziggy_w

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So pleased for you - good result. Hope you manage to shift the weight you want to; that last bit can be hard(er) work, so hang on in there :)

Reactions: Prem51 and ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant results, @lowedb. All your hard work paid off. Congratulations. Time to celebrate.

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So pleased for you - good result. Hope you manage to shift the weight you want to; that last bit can be hard(er) work, so hang on in there :)
Thanks. I've already had to throw out one lot of clothes that were just way too big so I'm holding off buying too many new ones until I come down one more trouser size. Already wearing the smallest trousers in 25 years.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes. When I was first told I had T2 back in December I was really quite unsure about things, but pretty quickly found this site and the success stories. That made me know I could do it too.

This site continues its invaluable contribution to the world. Not just by providing hope for T2D but also the knowledge and tools to realize the recovery.

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've now managed to get access to my full results including cholesterol. This was mentioned in an early discussion as 'something we can talk about in the future' but not mentioned at all last week. Now I know why. Back in December the numbers were not good, Trigs / HDL 3.58 because the trigs were so high at 4.3. Now I am looking at Trigs / HDL 1.34 now the trigs are down to 1.6. No statins required!

Reactions: rosalindp