Itchy

donnajv212

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all a bit embaressing really I'm newly diagnosed type 2 meant to be on metformin but have refused although if in october levels are still high I will try it. But I've noticed I'm really itchy down below sometimes, I don't think its thrush as lasts a couple of hours then disapears sometimes for a couple of weeks then will come back but only last a couple of hours again ;) is this related or just coincedence ? x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

JohnCopus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had a similar problem I kept getting infections and itches and sawness downstairs that's when my doctor tested me for diabetes as it's a common symptom of diabetes and high blood sugar why don't u try the metforman it helped lower my sugar and I haven't had a itch or infection for months

Billietobin

I'm type 1 and I normally get itchiness all the time there it's also a sign of your not looking after your diabetes properly I was diagnosed at 3years old I'm now 16 and I still haven't controlled it yet. Thinking about it now that In this weather we have got I haven't been controlling it at all so now I have missed my time of the month because I've been eating TOO much chocolate and sugary drinks (naughty child:( )

amberzak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Competitive sport. I'm more of a for fun type person.
It sounds like thrush. I get that all the time when I've bad higher sugars. When your body is trying to get rid if excess sugar that it can't break down, it expels it in your urine. That extra sugar down below means the thrush microbes thrive and multiply. You also can get it if you eat excess yeast.
Get some canisten. Get the passery and the cream. Should clear right up

amberzak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Competitive sport. I'm more of a for fun type person.
Even if it isn't thrush, the thrush cream clears it up. I think it's because it's similar. And it's common to come and go too.

I'm type one.