1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Itchy

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by donnajv212, Aug 2, 2013.

1. donnajv212

donnajv212 Type 2 · Member

Hi all a bit embaressing really I'm newly diagnosed type 2 meant to be on metformin but have refused although if in october levels are still high I will try it. But I've noticed I'm really itchy down below sometimes, I don't think its thrush as lasts a couple of hours then disapears sometimes for a couple of weeks then will come back but only last a couple of hours again ;) is this related or just coincedence ? x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. JohnCopus

JohnCopus Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem I kept getting infections and itches and sawness downstairs that's when my doctor tested me for diabetes as it's a common symptom of diabetes and high blood sugar why don't u try the metforman it helped lower my sugar and I haven't had a itch or infection for months

3. Billietobin

Billietobin · Member

I'm type 1 and I normally get itchiness all the time there it's also a sign of your not looking after your diabetes properly I was diagnosed at 3years old I'm now 16 and I still haven't controlled it yet. Thinking about it now that In this weather we have got I haven't been controlling it at all so now I have missed my time of the month because I've been eating TOO much chocolate and sugary drinks (naughty child:( )

4. amberzak

amberzak Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It sounds like thrush. I get that all the time when I've bad higher sugars. When your body is trying to get rid if excess sugar that it can't break down, it expels it in your urine. That extra sugar down below means the thrush microbes thrive and multiply. You also can get it if you eat excess yeast.
    Get some canisten. Get the passery and the cream. Should clear right up

5. amberzak

amberzak Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Even if it isn't thrush, the thrush cream clears it up. I think it's because it's similar. And it's common to come and go too.

I'm type one.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook