It's a start at least.......

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well possibly in Sweden but in the UK even when new evidence is presented they still stick their grubby little fingers in their ears and shout "la la la" over the top...

Screenshot 2021-11-03 at 12.49.41.png

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well possibly in Sweden but in the UK even when new evidence is presented they still stick their grubby little fingers in their ears and shout "la la la" over the top...

View attachment 51909
You're right, but at least the BBC, the propaganda vehicle of the culinary / health-advisory establishment, mentioned something vaguely off-message (before refuting it!).

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You're right, but at least the BBC, the propaganda vehicle of the culinary / health-advisory establishment, mentioned something vaguely off-message (before refuting it!).
Baby steps.. still we should look on the bright side I guess.. you are right.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just picked up Giles Yeo's book (he of Trust Me I m a Doctor and an academic in the genetic origins of obesity).
It was called Why Calories Don't Count so I was hopeful but he trotted out the sat fat causes artery blockages line half way through. Clearly no research on the lacky of proof of the hypothesis on ingested sat fat causing heart disease.
Worth a read for the history of calories etc. He is big on protein and fibre and not so keen on insulin signalling.