1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

It's a start at least.......

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by Jo_the_boat, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Jo_the_boat

Jo_the_boat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Dairy, saturated fat.

Is the supertanker of awful dietary advice beginning to slow?
    There's still plenty of (possibly erroneous) saturated fat / Ldl / cardiovascular talk, but snippets of new thinking seem to be getting through.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Well possibly in Sweden but in the UK even when new evidence is presented they still stick their grubby little fingers in their ears and shout "la la la" over the top...

Screenshot 2021-11-03 at 12.49.41.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Jo_the_boat

Jo_the_boat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You're right, but at least the BBC, the propaganda vehicle of the culinary / health-advisory establishment, mentioned something vaguely off-message (before refuting it!).

4. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Baby steps.. still we should look on the bright side I guess.. you are right.

5. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just picked up Giles Yeo's book (he of Trust Me I m a Doctor and an academic in the genetic origins of obesity).
    It was called Why Calories Don't Count so I was hopeful but he trotted out the sat fat causes artery blockages line half way through. Clearly no research on the lacky of proof of the hypothesis on ingested sat fat causing heart disease.
    Worth a read for the history of calories etc. He is big on protein and fibre and not so keen on insulin signalling.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook