It's been a while...

Hellbunny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello everyone, cut a long story short I was diagnosed with t1 officially in 2012, was misdiagnosed with gestational diabetes in 2010, despite my weight being 7 stone and sugars of 30 plus for 2 years... Healthy babies etc all good.
I was approved an insulin pump in March 2017, but changed back to mdi tresiba and novorapid last month. I've not had a decent hba1c since 2013... I just don't know where to begin. I have an eating disorder thrown into the mix and have suffered since 2007, weight will fluctuate between 7 stone and 10.. I recovered from diabulimia last year as I now drive and that was my incentive for my kids. I have 3 boys one severely mentally impaired one with autism and one with no real issues. I just don't know where to begin. Dsn no help just say I need to get my act together which I know. What apps do you use? Can anyone recommend a meal plan as such.. Something not mega carby but not zero carb.. I want to lose a few pounds but not unhealthy.. Sorry this is such a rant xx

Reactions: Freema

Deb1 2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi you should go on to Diet Doctors you can sign up for a month free and it has great low carb meal plans and also doctors talking about how to get your blood glucose under control, hope this helps.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Hellbunny ,

Welcome back.

App wise. You could try MySugr as a free download to track BGs carbs & dosage. Or Diaconnect.? ( which is my favourite linking up Android to OS via a free account.)
The freestyle Libre flash monitor may help track what's going on too.. There seems to be more Ds getting these on prescription. So you maybe eligible?

There is the Carbs & calls app which may help or as mentioned diet doctor https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/pizza
With the carb count on the recipies too.. Pending on you carb preference.

Hope this helps.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone, cut a long story short I was diagnosed with t1 officially in 2012, was misdiagnosed with gestational diabetes in 2010, despite my weight being 7 stone and sugars of 30 plus for 2 years... Healthy babies etc all good.
I was approved an insulin pump in March 2017, but changed back to mdi tresiba and novorapid last month. I've not had a decent hba1c since 2013... I just don't know where to begin. I have an eating disorder thrown into the mix and have suffered since 2007, weight will fluctuate between 7 stone and 10.. I recovered from diabulimia last year as I now drive and that was my incentive for my kids. I have 3 boys one severely mentally impaired one with autism and one with no real issues. I just don't know where to begin. Dsn no help just say I need to get my act together which I know. What apps do you use? Can anyone recommend a meal plan as such.. Something not mega carby but not zero carb.. I want to lose a few pounds but not unhealthy.. Sorry this is such a rant xx

Welcome back couldn’t you do a mix of the egg diet most of the day combined with a normal dinner , people doing the egg diet loses weight rather fast

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi @Hellbunny
You have had a rough time. If you are looking for moderate carbs then you can eat pretty normally you just need to carb count to your target.
Now you are back on mdi are you happy with your basal and ratios? Because having those right makes everything bit easier.

Hellbunny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks everyone! Just a quick reply as I'm about to nip out. I will download the apps x ratios I've still not got a clue. I'm injecting 1 unit per 10grams typically, and basal 14 units before bed. I need to stop binging on sugar before bed, that's my main problem! I then of course under bolus as I don't want to go low in my sleep as I don't have any help incase I don't wake up etc, thus waking in the 20s... Bad cycle!! X

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Hellbunny - You do have a lot on your plate to contend with! But a massive well done on kicking your ED into touch. As a former ED sufferer, I know just how thrd that can be. I'm positive you're right not to look at anything too extreme.

I'm also hipping out for a short while, but I'd like to contribute to your post when I get back in.

Stick with us.