1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

I've been having a few hypos recently...

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by 22nw22, May 3, 2019.

1. 22nw22

22nw22 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello all.

I have unfortunately been having some hypos..quite a few recently. Why is this? I know that some this week were probably from the hot temperatures

2. 22nw22

Also, I got sensor error 3 times at like around 2 pm I believe on my Freestyle libre

3. 22nw22

And yes, I am back on diabetes.co.uk forum...

4. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello, There could be a number of factors, such as do you carb count? did you over calculated your insulin for the carbs you are eating? As you said, could be the hot weather and have you been more active than usual? Have you learned how to adjust insulin for your foods, activities/exercises etc? you could be insulin sensitive?

I'd like to add have you discussed this with your DSN for advice?

• Like Like x 1
    #4 MeiChanski, May 3, 2019 at 5:15 PM
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
  5. Kim Possible

Kim Possible Type 1 · Expert

It is difficult to know why you are having hypos. As @MeiChanski explains, there are numerous reasons why they may be occurring.

I just want to check - you mention you have the Libre. Are you checking your hypos on with finger pricks. The reason I ask is that there are scenarios where the Libre can falsely report low readings such as when you apply pressure to the sensor which may happen when you are asleep. For this reason, I never trust hypos readings on my Libre.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook