I've finally reached my goal

shosh69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym
Did you fast 5 days in a row per month or five 24 hour fasts?

5 days in a row fasting. I don't eat anything after 7pm then have a meal about 3 next day, the day after that I will eat at 10am then something at 7pm but not much I just follow the pattern for 5 days this works for me didn't think I could do it thought I would be 2 hungry but surprised I got used to it and never felt hungry maybe others do it differently but it was on this forum I read about fasting

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes I have managed three weeks of eating one evening meal only. It's surprising how you can train yourself to not need food all the time! Well, my body has plenty of fat it can live off for a looong time lol.
Your secret is you found something that totally works for you!
Thanks for letting me know; do keep us up to date

Reactions: shosh69 and Prem51
Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That's good to hear. Knowing someone who shares good results out from their illness means so much to me. I 'm happy for you. Just keep on having a healthy lifestyle, you are such an inspiration though to everyone who are still coping with series of complications of diabetes and those as well who are taking medications to somehow lower the risk of complications.

Reactions: shosh69 and Prem51

Ishi

Congratulations @shosh69 this is a great result. keep it up I love this forum too....it sure is a wonderful place for us newbies.
Could you please share some soup rec. I try to stay low carb too but sometimes feel hungry and i think soup is a great filler

shosh69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym
Congratulations @shosh69, just hearing the success stories are uplifting and gives me hope

When I was feeling down and low I always read the success stories and gave me hope so I know what you mean it gave me that goal to reach and 3/4 weeks since this post my levels are still 4.8/7.8 at highest sometimes after my meals but that is introducing some more carbs in my diet and see what I can tolerate it has all been worth while

Reactions: Ultramum